Let's Rummage

Sunday 1 February 2015

John Singer Sargent

I did my daily dip into my favourite art blog - Charley Parker's Lines and Colors - and was delighted to see a collection of charcoal portraits by one of my favourite artists, John Singer Sargent.

I love the spontaneous  appearance of his watercolours and charcoal drawings, but at the same time they seem so precise and considered.

There was a familiar looking face amongst them.


I made a copy of this drawing in watercolour, a few years ago, during a painting class with Ian Ellis at the Putney School of Art and Design. The exercise was to copy a painting or drawing by a well known artist using tertiary greys - mixing greys from primary and secondary colours.


And the winner is...

Not Awa Rich!

Shurrup, who asked you anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment