Let's Rummage

Friday 17 April 2015

Printed Brochure for A Sense of Place

I mentioned in a previous post that I might create a printed brochure for the Sense of Place project. Here it is.

I decided to make it A6 rather than A5 so that I could print it on a single A4 sheet.


Working out where to place the pages and which way up they go was as simple as folding an A4 sheet into 4 and writing numbers on each page, then opening out the sheet.


I created the layout using Apple Pages on a MacBook Pro but you could use Microsoft Word too. The trick for placing the text and getting it to print upside down is to use text boxes. Unfortunately, Apple has removed the facility to link text boxes and have text flow from one to another. I hope they restore this feature soon. It wasn't a problem in this layout as each box is self contained, but it's a feature I used a lot and I miss it.

Disclaimer: The Woodlands Retreat Centre is a figment of my imagination created for this project. You can't go there. Other retreat centres are available - may the Google be with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment