Let's Rummage

Monday 23 June 2014

Tooting your own humility

Sometimes I forget about the Event Maelström and it reminds me of its existence in a very direct way. Today's reminder was a gentle nudge, rather than the usual catastrophic kick in the seat.

Olivia asked if I wanted to go out sketching this week and I replied, rather sarcastically:

"I can do any day except Wednesday when I'm teaching some marketing people how to do Excel spreadsheets - go on, admit it... you're jealous ;-)"

Not an hour later my partner Marie forwarded me this email:

Hi,

I hope all is well!! I just wanted to let you know I got a job that I am really thrilled with! I wondered if you could please thank Richard - I had to do a huge excel test for it and thanks to all his teaching I nailed it and scored top marks!!!
Please send my love to all and say I'll be sure to send a proper email soon!


Take care, lots of love Leyla xxx

The world is a strange and wonderful place. There's a gesture of obeisance I've seen in Japanese films where a warrior kneels before a superior ability, cups his fist in his hand and bows his head. I'm doing that now.

No comments:

Post a Comment