Let's Rummage

Tuesday 9 December 2014

More Signs

Here are a few pages from my sketchbook for the Sign a Day Week thing.



The left hand page was inspired by the genuine HazMat sign for Oxidising Agent. You can see from the notes I was wondering what it might represent in a social context. I opted for Bad Hair Day.


The first one, which is more like the original, proved more popular. The second one seems to represent more than a bad hair day. And yes, I reused the flames from the Pants on Fire sign.

In the pages below you can see the original drawing for the Do Not Exceed the Speed of Light sign and some signage people experiencing distress as there is a problem with the toilets.






A couple of weeks ago I was having similar distress during the show and tell session in the illustration class. After several visits to the two occupied toilets I gave up and crossed my legs. Later, I stuck this sign on one of the toilet doors. I was delighted to see it was still there a week later.

No comments:

Post a Comment