Let's Rummage

Wednesday 3 June 2015

A Postcard from Vector

I can't contain my curiosity any longer Awa Rich! There's not much to do around here.

OK, here's a sneaky peek at the postcard.

It all began with a silly game to better Olivia's name card at the Putney School of Art and Design Illustration class. I started drawing letters based on Victorian pub signs inspired by David Smith's amazing work.

I've a long way to go but it's something to aim for and a journey of a thousand miles starts with... You know the rest.



I tried drawing scrolls in iDraw some time ago for The Bear's Curry label but I didn't have enough experience with vector manipulation. After drawing the letters to spell out my name I felt more confident having another go.




Victorian pub mirrors often contain natural elements like birds, flowers and fruit. I have another project in the pipeline that has some of these elements in the design Oh you tease Awa Rich!

We were out in the country looking after Lucky the lucky Labradog last week and the wild flowers were blooming in great profusion. They were obvious subjects for some drawing.

I sketched a few roses and other wild flowers which became this vector drawing.




I also decided the sun in the needed some crepuscular rays which took a fair bit of tinkering to get them looking the way I wanted. Then, the great thing about vector drawings - they're just a bunch of building blocks - I assembled the components into one image. There's still a bit to do but here's the story so far.

You're supposed to say "Ta Dah!" Awa Rich.

You can say it then.

I just did Awa Rich!

D'ya wanna see it or not?

Show me the picter Awa Rich!




No comments:

Post a Comment