Let's Rummage

Wednesday 3 June 2015

Valentine Vector

One of my current forms of meditation is creating vector drawings using the iDraw app on my iPad. I can loose myself in the intricate and minute details of getting a line, fill or curve just right. Hours can fly by just like that. I believe it's called flow (according to a Hungarian chap with no vowels in his name - Mihály Csíkszentmihályi - i spy a vowel or two Awa Rich! It was for comic effect! Jeez, people are so literal these days!).

I'm working on a postcard at the moment, and learning a lot about how to bend this odd medium to my vision. Stay tuned for the result.

Last week I traced the Celtic Valentine. I've been meaning to do it since I drew it (I'm a poet and I didn't know it). It was quite a puzzling challenge, it took all day but I was pleased with the result.


The Putney School of Art and Design summer exhibition is on at the moment and I've entered a medley of vector drawings as I'm being encouraged to do more of these. I don't know if that's because Carolyn and Zehra think they have some merit or because I finish them.


There's a hint at the postcard in the bottom right.

No comments:

Post a Comment